Brought to you by Acorda Therapeutics®, Inc. Acorda markets AMPYRA® (dalfampridine) Extended Release Tablets, 10mg; AMPYRA is manufactured under license from Alkermes Pharma Ireland Limited (APIL), Ireland.
AMPYRA® (dalfampridine) is indicated as a treatment to help improve walking in adults with multiple sclerosis (MS). This was demonstrated by an increase in walking speed.
Important Safety Information
Do not take AMPYRA if you
- have ever had a seizure,
- have certain types of kidney problems, or
- are allergic to dalfampridine (4-aminopyridine), the active ingredient in AMPYRA.
Take AMPYRA exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
Before taking AMPYRA, tell your doctor if you
- have kidney problems or any other medical conditions
- are taking compounded 4-aminopyridine
- are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known if AMPYRA will harm your unborn baby.
- are breast-feeding or plan to breast-feed. It is not known if AMPYRA passes into your breast milk. You and your doctor should decide if you will take AMPYRA or breast-feed. You should not do both.
- are taking any other medicines
Stop taking AMPYRA and call your doctor right away if you have a seizure while taking AMPYRA. You could have a seizure even if you never had a seizure before. Your chance of having a seizure is higher if you take too much AMPYRA or if your kidneys have a mild decrease of function, which is common after age 50. Your doctor may do a blood test to check how well your kidneys are working before you start AMPYRA.
AMPYRA should not be taken with other forms of 4-aminopyridine (4-AP, fampridine), since the active ingredient is the same.
AMPYRA may cause serious side effects, including
- severe allergic reactions. Stop taking AMPYRA and call your doctor right away or get emergency medical help if you have shortness of breath or trouble breathing, swelling of your throat or tongue, or hives;
- kidney or bladder infections.
The most common adverse events for AMPYRA in MS patients were urinary tract infection, trouble sleeping, dizziness, headache, nausea, weakness, back pain, problems with balance, multiple sclerosis relapse, burning, tingling, or itching of your skin, irritation in your nose and throat, constipation, indigestion, and pain in your throat.
Please see Patient Medication Guide for additional safety information.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA.
Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
AMPYRA®, ACORDA THERAPEUTICS® and the stylized ACORDA THERAPEUTICS® logo are registered trademarks of Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. | AMPYRA® is marketed by Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. and manufactured under license from Alkermes Pharma Ireland Limited (APIL), Ireland. | The stylized path logo and the stylized Acorda logo are trademarks of Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. | © 2015 Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. All rights reserved.
This site is intended for residents of the United States only.